Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Metamorphosis

Looks like it is going to be a tough week ahead!!!!!! The professors have started showing their true colours now and have decided to show us a piece of their mind. There is this homework with which i have been struggling for the past one week and still no light at the end of the tunnel. Phew!!!!!!!!And the only silver lining amongst all these is that i decided to be bold enough to change my outlook, my rather plain conservative looks and how best to do it????? Yepp...i got myself a neat haircut :-). I have always been rather a coward in terms of experimenting something new. And that too i ve been very protective of my hair and i guess i would have at the max once or twice visited the hair salon for a simple trim in my entire life (Really, believe me!!!). And imaginee!!!!A haircut??????A thousand thoughts would cross my mind...'will it look good on me???'....or what if something goes horribly wrong?? Is it worth all this....and eventually i would succumb to the pressure.

But i always had a fascination for good, stylish, straight, beautiful, healthy hair. I would gaze at the beautifully styled hair of the girls in the tv shows and used to wonder where do they get their hair done. I used to browse hundreds of websites to find some tips for beautiful hair...tried out herbal methods(adhimadhuram, vendhayam, nellikai)...tried styling it with a straightener...tried washing it every two days and what not. It refused to budge and was the same wavy, dull, lacklustre hair. I was desperate to do something and that's when my good friend stepped in.

Recently i happened to browse through her photos in orkut and was flabbergasted. She looked stunning and i couldn't figure out what was the cause. And when i met her, realisation dawned.... hair cut!!!!!!!!!.i loved her cut and i could feel my hair twirling as if to tell me "pleeasee...for heavens sake ask her where she got her hair done and jeeez give me a break!!!. Huh!!!!!She promised me to take me to her stylist and i couldn't wait for the day. She finally fixed an appointment at 2:00, Monday and i was EXCITED!!!!!. The day dawned and we set out on our mission. As soon as we entered the spa, my nerves began to crack and my train of thoughts resurfaced from nowhere. I was really nervous and whispered to friend...hey do u really think i should do it?????She looked at me and said...oh come on..u ve been wanting to do this for ages now...Juz go for it girl!!!!!! Hey are u ready?...the stylist's voice echoed inside my head...my throat went dry and i gulped down a glass of water...Oh ya...of course....

And there i sat...she held my hair and i told her for like the hundredth time...please don't cut much...i wanna retain my length...try to do something without cutting much of my hair...She stared at me and i could almost hear her mumbling and ranting to herself...and then i all could hear was chunk chunk chunk!!!!!!!Oh god...is she cutting a lot? She then started blow drying my hair (thank goooood...the cutting part is over)...i sat there with my eyes closed, wondering what i had done and cursing myself. It was then i heard my friends voice...they were going gaga over my hair...i could hear words like ...so beautiful...lovely and stuff. I opened my eyes and i couldn't believe what i saw. Long, shiny , straight hair with beautiful layers and front bangs...wowwwwww!!!!! I touched my hair twice, thrice to check if it was my own hair.....i just loved it....i almost hugged the stylist and screamed in delight. All these years i had been wanting my hair to look something like this...she had retained my length and so i didn't feel guilty that i chopped of my hair or something. She had done little flips in each layer which made it look all the more attractive...my joy knew no bounds :-)...I came out of the parlour with a rejuvenated look and vowed to visit her again. I thanked my friends and i was soooo much glad that i took the bold step to come out and try out new things. So guyz, if you have any suppressed desires or some secret craving, i would say...just go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Why dont you post a pic? Very eager and curious to see your new avatar!

    Cheers
    Viji R

    ReplyDelete